Monday, June 15, 2009

You Rock!

**BUD ALERT: THE CONTENTS OF THIS POST MAY BE TOO MUCH INFO FOR BUD**
This post is dedicated to the products that I think ROCK, in no particular order.
Hands Free Pumping Bustier (http://www.pumpstation.com/) - oh bustier, you provide me with sanity and the ability to hold Summer and pump at the same time which saves me time, especially needed in the middle of the night when I am ready to go back to bed.
Medela Swing Breast Pump - although the women who commented on this pump online said they never used the neckstrap because "who would walk around and pump"...they were sorely mistaken. I love that you take batteries and give me the freedom to sweep, cook and even dye my hair while pumping at the same time. If only I could go outside...fences aren't high enough, shucks!
Lansinoh Baby Wipes - I apologize to sweet Summer's hiney for not using these from the start. For at least the first month my baby girl needs something soft on her delicate skin and these baby wipes are the best!
Lansinoh Boob Pads - I feel that I am pushing it on the Bud Content here...but these are nice and soft and a 24 hour requirement
Sleep Sheep - (http://www.potterybarnkids.com/) There are 4 different sounds but I prefer the ocean waves crashing. In the daytime, Summer can be put in her crib awake and she will be fine with the Sleep Sheep on...nightime is a different story.

Without the narrative, I also feel the following are necessities:

  • sleeping bra
  • long sleeve onesies (even though it is warm outside)
  • swaddling/receiving blankets (soft fluffy ones are great but don't swaddle)
  • pink blush (amazing how refreshed you look with a pop on your cheeks)
  • fun earings (in combo with the blush these can make you feel pretty - thanks Lisa)
  • good husband
This is what I know at 3 1/2 weeks. As I learn more I will update you.
Oh and by the way Lansinoh has paid me to say these things, my blog is sponsored!
Just kidding, but that would be nice Lansinoh execs:)

Now I need some advice from you...
  1. When uploading video to the blog from FlipShare it takes almost 30 minutes. Is this the normal timeframe?
  2. Since Summer was born all of my photos I have inserted into posts have been right indented and the format seems to be off. Is there something different about the settings on my camera or is there something I need to do in blogger?
  3. Summer goes down easily during the daytime but at night she tends to cry and therefore I spend 2 hours trying to soothe her back to la la land. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Maggie Pelton said...

I look forward to your posts! You're a really funny writer. I'm glad you've lowered your expectations of yourself, you were super woman for those first 3 weeks. I agree, charting will make you crazy. I'm a charter, too, but enough is enough. They're babies, not robots! They won't ALWAYS do the same thing the same way. Keep up the good work! She's absolutely adorable in that header pic!

Jana said...

That is the nicest compliment, Julia! It makes me blush, thank you!

Leslie said...

You are soo cute! Love the post.
I have an issue uploading pics so I can't really say anything, but....when you upload them it says right, center or left. make sure you have it on Center.
If you do, then, I have no clue....my photos uploaded on top of each other the other day, even though in the preview it all looked fine. Weird
Video-I don't have a Flipshare, but my camera takes video and I tried to upload some last time and it took forever and still didn't upload so I'm not sure there.
Still new to this blog thing.
I can't wait to hold sweet Summer!!! Love the updates, and glad you got some rest the other night. hopefully, it will continue.
xoxo, Les

Margaret Worrell said...

Hey Jana! Congrats on Summer! Have you tried the Miracle Blanket to swaddle Summer at night? April recommended it to us and it changed our nightime sleeping forever! We used other blankets to swaddle her during the day but used the MB at night. It was amazing the difference! Scroll down on my blog and you will see Owen wrapped up in one with a link to ther website (under the post about our visit to Selma).