Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Surrender

I surrender to not being perfect.
Sounds silly but perfection was holding me hostage. In particular, I surrender to the breast pump and bottle. My natural abilities don't stand a chance against the convinience of technology. I will focus my energy on being the best mom to Summer and not get hung up on whether the breastmilk is from the source or pumped into a bottle. I will not beat myself up for not trying longer as sometimes in life quitting is the better decision. I am writing this as an affirmation to myself as much as information to you.

And now for some cute pictures...

4 comments:

MIMI said...

Jan,
I loved what Heidi said about your motherly instincts guiding you. She is exactly right about that. You cannot go against that. You are doing a FABULOUS job of caring for Summer--and I've seen that first hand. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!
Love,
MIMI

Gramma said...

Jana,
You go girl! You are so grounded and have so much common sense just letting your "mommyiness" take over is what Summer needs. Between the love and you and Chad have to give her and her guardian angel keeping close to her at all times, she is flourishing.
Love,
Gramma

Leigh Collins said...

You are in perfect company with so many other moms! It is much harder than some people make it out to be and I just finally resigned myself to the fact that my body and my girls were not made for breastfeeding! Period. The End! There is no sense in losing sleep or sanity over this and YES, YOU ARE STILL A PERFECT MOM REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF NUTRITION! Hope this makes you feel better and not alone in this decision! We have to do not only what is best for our babies, but what is best for ALL OF YOU - YOUR FAMILY!

mook said...

Breastfeeding is overrated! If you can do it, GREAT, if not, THat is o.k. Didn't breastfeed either one of mine and I am pretty sure they feel loved and cared for. Every body is different and each situation is different. I had a friend that breastfed her 1st child for 1 month, 2nd child for 1week, and is 3rd one is doing great still breastfeeding at 8 months. (the first two just did not do well with it and neither did she)She is a wonderful mom to all 3!