Friday, June 12, 2009

Video!!

I'll start this blog with some video to peak your interest.
First is a quickie of Summer awake in her bounce seat looking cute.
Next was of Summer on her tummy lifting her head and turning it to the other side however my upload messed up twice. Sorry.
I mentioned this week that we were charting every ounce she drank and minute she slept. Well after realizing that the charting was interfering with my common sense I decided to stop charting. The Baby Whisperer only recommended I do that for 4 days not 3 weeks! I do appreciate and prefer a routine but I think I took it over the top. I am not recording anything now and we are living in the moment. Hopefully those moments include sleep...as I had a breakdown of sleep deprivation today. Last night was the sleepiest I have ever been to my knowledge. I have been running on empty now for 3 weeks and 2 days. I had these expectations that with every day she got older it would be easier. However, in reality, with everyday she gets older I get more tired. Good news, I have realized this and I am lowering the bar for what I expect of myself immediately. And I am on a mandatory one glass of wine per night until further notice!

Here is the long awaited photo of Lisa and Summer. It only took me 3 visits to remember to capture the moment. Lisa is one of Summer's best friends.













Also shown, Annisa and Summer and Daddy and Summer.

4 comments:

MIMI said...

Summer always "peaks my interest"!!! That is a precious picture of Chad and Summer. You are wise to try to get some rest. We LOVE this blog, but it too can wait-running on empty is NOT good. I can't believe that she can lift and turn her head.
Love,
MIMI

Leigh Collins said...

As MIMI says, you cannot run on empty. Just keep in mind the pre-take-off speech on an airplane that we all ignore, but applies to everyday life as a mom - if you have a young child, place your oxygen mask on FIRST then the child's - you cannot do any good for your child if you are not "there"! Also, just so you know, we call that mandatory glass of wine in our house "anti-whine juice" or "mommy's juice" or just simply "sanity in a glass"!

Leigh Collins said...

Oh yea, and enjoy the ride - these moments will fly by!

lisa said...

i love her!!! thanks for this picture - its my desktop. its good to take the boys off - i dont want it going to their heads!! hahaha!