Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Back to Jana

Life with a newborn will surely stop you in your tracks.
I am S-L-O-W-L-Y regaining some of what my life was like before Summer arrived.
Today I was able to get outside and pull some weeds and cut a fresh, beautiful rose from our front yard.








In addition, I was able to get crafty today! I wrapped Chad's FIRST FATHER'S DAY gift using a cut up brown paper bag and some recycled ribbon (from Melissa's bday gift to me). I think it turned out so "boutique!"
P.S. - I risked waking sweet Summer during her nap so that I could take this photo with her green gingham sheets as the background...what is wrong with me???








This is all due to the fact that I have been taking a nap everyday and getting some energy. Yesterday Summer and I napped together, so sweet.








This picture is for Nicole. She was asking about our swaddling technique and wondered how tight we had Summer wrapped up as an earlier picture looked loose. Here you go.
P.S. - I risked waking sweet Summer with the flash so that I could prove to Nicole I swaddle her right. Good thing she is turning out to be a sound sleeper!












We are back on the EASY program from the Baby Whisperer. Last night, Summer slept 4.5 hours straight. Praise God! We said a prayer for some good rest before bedtime and the big guy was listening. In the daytime I am waking her every 3 hours to feed and I can see some improvement.
Video of me waking her up yesterday.

4 comments:

Larry said...

Okay I am impressed, I see more character @ 3 weeks than most babies will display @ 3 months. I loved that you got it on the first take...a star is born

MIMI said...

I love the long sleeve onesie, but more especially WHO is wearing it!! You are both so sweet napping together. I could hear Sampson's footsteps before I saw him-he is being a "good boy".
Love to the Martins!

jen said...

Jana,
Loving the videos! She's so cute!!! I just want to eat her up!!!

Rachel said...

You have always been Jana to me. Way to maintain sweet mama.