Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Drumroll Please...

Originally weighing in at 5lb 9oz, Miss Summer Marie Martin dropped to a mere 5lb 2oz only to regain her strength last week to pull off a 2 oz gain...BUT with the help of Mommy & Daddy seeing that she fed like clockwork the angel has plumped up to a whopping - now for the dramatic pause - 6lb 4oz, applause!! She also grew 1/2 inch to 18 1/2 inches long. Her doctor was thrilled. She has gained the maximum per day that they recommend. Yeah. We can now chill out a bit and let her sleep as long as she wants in the night (hopefully 4+ hours at a time).
Of course I made a BIG deal out of this weigh in and took pictures.








And tonight we tested our Tummy Time playmat for the first time. It was tolerable for about 5 minutes. Too cute!


5 comments:

jay said...

Summer,

Go Big Girl What You Gon' Do

Keep up the good work.

MIMI said...

Summer,
Every picture you make is the "cutest" that I have ever seen! The Tummy Time picture is precious. Now let Mommy and Daddy rest abit at night while you sleep soundly for 4+ hours.
You are more amazing than any words or pictures can describe!!
Love,
MIMI

Rachel said...

What a big girl! Cheers to mom and dad! Well done friends.

Leslie said...

Jan and Chad!
You two are doing such an amazing job! Summer looks so healthy and happy and I'm so proud of her getting PAST her birth weight. That is all attributed to your motherly instincts! Also, I don't think you gave up on breast feeding, I think you did exactly what your body and your baby was telling you to do!
I'm so proud of you all!!
Love, Les

the crazy armstrongs said...

I just love your blog.. it's so fun to read Jana.. I know it takes so much time to do.. thanks for keeping us updated .... I think I spend more time reading yours then doing mine:) Way to go on the weight gain.. now you should have peace of mind! Now it's time to stack feed during the day so you can get more rest during the night! Way to Go best mom ever!