Tuesday, October 13, 2009

We're Moving

The Martin's take on Asheville!
That's right folks, we are moving to North Carolina. It is high time we get within a car ride of our family, dear friends and future babysitters:)
We are making the big transition across the country in two weeks. Summer and I will be flying while Chad drives our sweet puppy dogs.

Life at our house these last few weeks has been hectic to say the least! Trying to pack with a 4 month old is tough. The Martin family has exposed nerves right now.
Living in our house is like playing that doctor game where if you touch the wrong area you get buzzed. At least we are aware and we are doing our best not to buzz each other. Except Summer, she buzzes me all the time.
Since last Friday she has been CRANKY! I really think she must be teething. She is chewing on her index finger and just seems kinda unhappy. I am aware she could be sensing the stress from Mommy and Daddy but I think it is more than that.

At least it will all be over in 2 weeks, ahhhh deep breath.
This is the face of a first born who hasn't gotten Mommy and Daddy's full attention for a few days OR maybe her gums hurt...either way she is not happy about it.
Oh yeah, we are having a Moving Sale this weekend. I am pretty excited about it. I have never had a garage sale and I am really pumped and hope we get rid of our stuff.

6 comments:

MIMI said...

Martins,
And this too shall pass-You will be"sitting pretty" and "smiling up a storm" in NC before you know it. Just wish that I was there to HELP with the MOVING SALE. Hang in there with each other-these last few days in Nevada will be memory making times. I love you all and am praying for your smooth sailing.
MIMI

aunt jen said...

oh, but she looks so cute! we look forward to seeing ya'll in 2 weeks!

Susan said...

I know how hard the stress must be for all of you - UGH!!!no fun,but,the light at the end of the tunnel is so worth it, huh?! I can't sleep at night just thinking about how excited we are here so I can only imagine how it will be for you once you board that plane with Summer. Poor Chad has those long long days in the car with the dogs but he too will have that light at the end of his tunnel waiting for him. We all need to remind him to drive slow and attentively-that is a long drive to do alone. Let us pray for all 3 Martin's safe journeys.

Leslie said...

I am so excited you all will be so close! In 1 month you will look back at this time and think, thank goodness it's in the past! I know its a stressful time and anyone's nerves would be on end. Enjoy your last couple weeks there with your friends, and I am sure Chad will actually really enjoy that drive alone and the down time. Some times things like that are good for the soul. Love to you all!

Leigh Collins said...

What are you guys going to do in NC? I know you'll be glad to be closer to family. Goodluck with the move!

the crazy armstrongs said...

WE all are soo excited you are heading back EAST! YEAH! I had to move the twins when they were a month old and boy was that hard! It's not easy but it will be worth all the work! I'm praying for you guys! love ya