Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Summer Update

Hi Friends and friends of Friends (by the way I am fine with that),
This is just a quick post to let you know what Summer is up to this week.
Her sleeping issues have not reared their ugly head the past 2 nights. Last night she slept for 10 hours and you should see how I look today with that much beauty rest! Stunning! Sorry there won't be a picture to document, you will just have to trust me:)

She started rice cereal on Saturday and it has been so much fun feeding her. The thicker I make it the more it comes out of her mouth. But I scoop it back up and she ends up swallowing it. She really likes the spoon in her mouth so I think she doesn't care whether the rice cereal tastes good or not.

Also on Saturday, Summer switched to 100% formula. She made the transition without any trouble. I keep telling her she isn't a picky eater so maybe it will sink in to be truth.

This morning she gave definition to a phrase that I think may become a new "bad word." As I was changing her morning poopy diaper I couldn't help but say "Holy Formula Poo Poo!" If you could have seen or smelled it trust me...it would make the list of words to wash your mouth out.

I am changing computers so I can't upload any new pics quite yet but here are some of my favorites.
This picture below is my screen saver. I just love the smirk she is making. To me this shows her personality.
****BUD ALERT - STOP READING - SENSITIVE FEMALE LANGUAGE BELOW****



I stopped pumping on Saturday. I had wanted to make it to 5 months but I have a lot going on this month (more about that later) and I needed my time. Do you know that I used to spend almost 3 hours a day sitting here at the computer pumping! Anyways, I decided to just stop cold turkey. It wasn't so much pain as it was mega pressure. I feel like I had a boob job over the weekend. They haven't gone down either. As of today, they are still full and tight to the touch but I can't feel it so I guess that is ok. In fact, I might look at this as a savings of about $10k in outpatient surgery! You know I do love home remedies, ha ha I crack myself up.

3 comments:

MIMI said...

This child is NOTHING but SWEETNESS, so let's not talk about the "other stuff". Just wish that I was there to change her "sweetness".
Crazy about that GIRL,
MIMI

The Reeds said...

Jana,
You are HILARIOUS!! I had so much fun catching up on your blog! I added it to my Google Reader, so I won't get behind again:)
Summer is adorable! I wish I had your motivation to sweep. Bailey is getting shaved tomorrow, and I'm hoping to be able to dress Trent in navy and black again:)

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

You are so funny, Jana! Summer is still cute as can be.