Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Mothers Support Group

Every Thursday for the past 4 months Summer and I have attended the New Mothers Support Group at St. Mary's Hospital. This class is led by a nurse named Denise (she also taught Chad and I in the childbirth classes). She is an absolute angel sent from heaven.
This group of moms and babies have taught me so much about how to parent and get through each baby phase.
Summer and I did some yardwork yesterday.
Daddy, Lucy, Summer and Sampson
I love these rosy cheeks!
It seems like everyday Summer learns a new skill.
This morning she rolled from her tummy to her back and then back to her tummy! She was screaming, literally having a tantrum, and I was checking my email...telling her I wasn't going to come get her until she stopped screaming. Then once the screaming stopped I looked and she was back on her tummy! Miracle...her frustration led to learning. Summer Summer Summer - you shouldn't have done that. Now Mommy knows that you can figure it out on your own AND if I give you long enough you will chill out.

Also, yesterday she was sitting in the exersaucer and used her feet to swivel 360 degrees, slowly of course. We are amazed to see the wheels turning in her brain.
Life is good!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Oh Sissy

You are so funny

MIMI said...

Jana, Jana, Jana, I love the way you communicate with Summer and ALL of us who love the Martins so much!!! Summer is in for a race to try to outsmart her MOM!
Love hearing about your new accomplishments and seeing your sweet support group.
MOM