Saturday, October 3, 2009

Peek a Boo

4 A.M.
Lights off
Blanket pulled up
Mommy rocking baby Summer in the bounce seat
I can barely recongnize in the darkness with my groggy eyes that I think I can see her pupils
Sure enough this Miss Priss has her eyes open when they are supposed to be shut.
So I take a photo to capture the moment...yes I have the camera near me at all times.
By the way, we already tried rocking, then going back to bed and crying for a while (a minute of crying feels multiplied in the middle of the night) so now we are pumping & bouncing. By the end ofthis post she seems asleep. Wish us luck as we go back to the crib.
HELLO 4 MONTH SLEEP ISSUES

2 comments:

MIMI said...

Maybe I overstated it by saying THRILLED--not in the middle of the night. But she appears not to be upset, just THINKING about ALL the new things she is going to be trying to accomplish tomorrow. She is the CUTEST peek-a-boo that I have EVER seen. MIMI is CRAZY about SUMMER--to say the least!!

Susan said...

Dear Jana-I remember the middle of the nighters so well. I think they were the hardest part of babyhood for me. As Laurel says, there's always some phase and you will get thru it. That's why God gave Summer those beautiful smiles for you to look at in the middle of the night! love you....