Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sampson the guard dog

I never knew if my big boy, Sampson, would pull through in a time of need or if he would cower down. Well, last night our friend Matt decided to come back early from his trip and pick up his dog we were babysitting, Maya. He called but we were already asleep and so not to disturb us he decided he would go around back to our french doors and try to get in and get Maya.
I always lock the doors at night so he wasn't successful getting in...but oh did he get an earful from by big boy Sampson!
I woke up and I thought I saw a head walk by our bedroom window (or so I thought in my groginess). I popped up and looked but saw nothing in the darkness. I then went into the living room were Sampson was barking up a storm and turned on the lights. That is when the phone rang...Matt telling me he was outside and sorry for scaring us. What a relief!
Thanks Sampson for sticking up for us while we were sleeping!

Our friends, Lisa and her boys Ethan & Nico, stopped by this week to bring us some treats for keeping their dog Rosie. They were so sweet to give Chad and I each a cupcake (delicious!) and each of the dogs a really big bone. What they didn't know was they came over on Lucy's birthday so a dogbone was perfect timing. The picture above is Sampson enjoying his. Everytime I tried to take a picture of Lucy she darted around the yard thinking I wanted to steal it.
They also brought us a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It was so large that I separated them into two separate vases. Thanks Lisa...we will gladly do it again with no reward.
Chad's parents sent us a Maternity Angel which is pictured with the yellow flowers.
What a generous week!
So we have less than 48 hours until we find out the sex of the baby. I typically wake up in the early morning to use the bathroom then have trouble going back to sleep. This morning I just kept thinking...is it a boy or girl? Then of course my mind goes straight to how will I decorate either way!
Have a great Saturday.

No comments: