Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Crafty Jana

I am so pleased to share this post.
If you have been following me you might remember that I purchased some great fabric this summer at a garage sale for a great deal. I have been waiting for just the right thing to make.
I saw on a design show how they made an upholstered headboard and I thought it looked like an easy inexpensive way to transform a bedroom. Plus, our bedroom is the one room in the house that has gotten little to no decorative attention.
Walla, I made an upholstered headboard yesterday!
Trouble came when we went to hang it. First set of mounts were too specific giving no room for error and that resulted in frustration. Second set of mounts did not hold the weight and bent immediately, we got fiesty! Third attempt was to not mount it but to put legs on it instead. This method is the one you are looking at.


By the way, I put both sets of mounting hardware that failed into plastic bags and returned them to Home Depot and they gave me my money back! I was impressed. Thanks HD it really took some of the frustration away as I was there for a 3rd time to accomplish 1 task.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Jan! The Headboard looks GREAT!! I love! you did such a great job on it!

Anonymous said...

now I want one! wish you could make me one. ha-maybe during the week you will be here in April!!! or better yet, teach me how and i could try but I definitely don't have your craft skills. I bet Summer will have your creativity-how fortunate for her!!!!!!!!!!As she grows and matures, the 2 of you will be creating all kinds of things together and Chad will be sitting there with his huge smile watching both of you! Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed Jana with your craftiness!You & Jay definately get your crafty/handiness from your crafty mom!I'm so glad you are having a little girl so you can pass down your talent!Summer Marie will be so smart & talented!
Aunt Jen

The Powells said...

Jana - I love the new picture of you guys, the headboard and the NAME!! Gosh, you are so on it - I am a bit jealous!

Anonymous said...

Your bed looks SO lovely! You're REALLY good at this stuff Jana. Nice work!! (Love the bedding too!)