Monday, January 19, 2009

It's a ...!!

****GIRL****
Yes we found out this morning that Baby Martin is in fact a Girl!
Chad and I have been convinced that we were cookin' up a little boy but we were wrong.
The ultrasound technician was great and we watched every move on a large plasma on the wall. We saw all 4 chambers of the heart, spine, lungs, kidneys, brain, arms and legs. She took the heartbeat and I asked what it was. She had already told us the baby was moving around (I drank coffee to ensure this would happen) and the bpm was 142. I told her that was low and she said "Oh by the way it is a girl!"
We laughed with joy and shock. And I said to Chad, "Pink Pink Pink!"
We have not agreed on a name for a girl, of course, but now that we know the sex we will focus on it more. If you have any that sound cool and like me then let me know.
Here is a picture of our baby as of today!
The line down the middle is the spine. The head is at the right and body to the left.

8 comments:

Leigh Collins said...

Oh fun! I am a little biased towards girls though since we have 2!

the crazy armstrongs said...

YEAH!!! Brooke and Scott were right!! I'm sooo excited for you both!! Chad's heart is going to melt! We are excited ...love to you

Anonymous said...

Jana and Chad,
You will make the best parents to this precious little girl. God is So GOOD!
Love,
MOM

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!Jay & I are so excited that we are going to have a niece (our first one)!I just had a feeling it was going to a little girl!We love ya'll!
Aunt Jen & Uncle Jay

Anonymous said...

Looks like a big brain. Must be brilliant. First female President of the US?

Larry said...

I see the legs!!!! Take note - forever as parents you will have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

Congrats, Jana!

Anonymous said...

Chad & Jana,
I am so excited about the baby. I can't wait. I am so happy for both of you! It was such a joy to see ya'll in Reno. We all had so much fun. I'm really glad we had the chance to come up there, I feel like we all got really close from it. I love ya'll & I'm excited to know what I can buy for the baby now. Take care!♥
-Bethany