Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blue Tape

I just want to take a break from my frustration and warn all of you out there not to use Blue Tape on your next paint job.

This weekend I painted our living room, kitchen and hallway a nice khaki color. I really wanted to do a thorough job and I spend hours taping every baseboard, ceiling line, around cabinets...you name it. Today...after I hadthe job finally completed with all my touch ups done I went to pull the tape off and...Disappointment! Not only did the tape leak, not keeping a clean edge, but it was a pain to remove. I had to break out my tweezers to pull it off in spots! I love picking with tweezers but this did not fall into that category.

I really haven't ever had the patience to use blue tape before and I have a pretty steady hand so I don't mess up...I over thought it this time. Shoot.
Now I have to go get more paint so I can touch up the rough edges.

Yes this is a post just about me complaining, but really my week is going great.
While I am at it...we finally decided to have our plasma mounted to the wall and had a technician from the cable company come run the cable to the right spot. As we were identifying the spot I put a piece of my infamous Blue Tape on the location...then went back to painting behind the fridge (waste of paint) and sure enough I come back to look at his finished work and it is about 2 inches below the blue tape. So now we have cable in the wall but still in a visible location...just one of those days.
Hope yours is going better:)

No comments: