Sunday, March 21, 2010

Upon further review...

Per my previous post regarding Summer being 10 months old blah blah blah and how we had a picnic in the backyard. Well, yes Lucy our lab stole her banana and I thought that she was ok with that. However, upon reviewing the photos from the day I saw the time sequence of when she had the banana..
**To keep this fair, Lucy wanted me to add that "Summer didn't even have her hand on the banana and as you can see from her facial expression didn't seem like she was interested in this picnic in the first place." (Jana's sidenote-I have officially gone crazy now that I am interpreting my dog's thought process)
and now the banana has been stolen by Lucy(in the background) and Summer looks like she is pretty peeved!

Don't cross a baby and her banana!
Summer and I before we left for church this morning. Summer graduated up to the 10-12 month nursery class. So far, everytime I have picked her up from the nursery she doesn't smile at me when I return. Instead, she has a blank stare and then she pops out that bottom lip and starts to cry. I promise the caregivers probably double check my sticker to make sure I am even related. She almost didn't even reach her arms out to me. How can a 20 pounder give me self confidence issues? Just kidding, even thought I find it weird I don't beat myself up for it.

5 comments:

MIMI said...

Ya'll look so cute! I am just about positive that Summer gets her feelings hurt that you left her in the nursery (although I think that is good for her) and doesn't feel comfortable crying until YOU get there to pick her up. Really she is trying to make a statement to you --not the nursery attendants. She'll be telling US soon just what the problem is.
Love all the pictures,
MIMI

The Reeds said...

Summer is probably just social and enjoys her time with friends. I used to cry when my parents picked me up too:) Believe me, you'd rather her enjoy the nursery than cry the whole time she's there. Trent cries as soon as I put him down in the room, and he continues to cry on and off the whole time. I'm pretty sure your nursery workers like you a lot more than mine like me, HA!!

Jenn Knierim said...

Will had terrible separation anxiety until a month or so ago. Now he doesn't cry when I drop him off but does almost every time I pick him up. I think it is because he sees me and realizes that I haven't been with him so he cries about it....or maybe they are just so excited to see us that it brings them to tears? :)

Grammy said...

It won't be long until Summer is running after lucy to try to get her banana back. She is ok in nursery, I agree with Jenn K she doesn't know your gone until you come back. She is just expressing her thoughts.... My wonderful Mommy is back...I'm going to cry but I don't know why. Think about it, we as females cry sometimes and we don't know why. Or am I the only one that does that? I am alittle hormonal!!!!love to all

lisa said...

when i picked up ethan up from school today he said "why are you here? cant i go home with Nate's mommy?" i try to remind myself that nate's mommy gives them better (less healthy) snacks and lets them watch shows that are not allowed in our house. deep down he loves me the most and will one day thank me for the extra fiber and quality TV!