Saturday, March 27, 2010

Here comes the Easter Bunny

This weekend the Junior League of Asheville is hosting the 2nd Annual Spring Market. Today I volunteered for the Bunny Brunch and Chad, Summer, Gramma and Grandad came to see the Easter Bunny. We had high hopes as Santa Claus turned out to be such a great hit. However, once we sat Summer in the bunny's lap all she wanted to do was turn around and look at the bunny. Luckily we did get a quick shot (this is mine not the photographer's). No smile but we will take simply looking in the direction of the camera at this point.



Ok, so if you haven't visited me yet I will give you one more good reason...We have a JCREW warehouse that has a clearance store attached 15 minutes from my house. AND they had a warehouse sale today that only happens 3 times a year. Seriously, they give you a trash bag and a price list when you walk in. Absolutely ZERO organization! Just bins and bins of womens, mens and children's clothes (wedding dresses, formal dresses and shoes) to sift through. The sad part was that we only had 1 hour before they closed but I still managed to find $250 worth of clothes for $50 (80% savings). I am SO thrilled I found out about this place. Susan was with me and we had a good time dividing and conquering Mt. Oh la la!

This week I let loose of my mommy reigns and I let Summer go spend a few days with Gramma and Grandad in Hayesville. It was hard to release control but once I did...PARTY! I felt like the old Jana-girl again (versus Jana-mama). I sat outside and painted my toenails and let me tell you that brought back some memories. In the months pre-pregnancy/post-employment I used to sit outside in the sun daily; soaking in the warmth and enjoying life. And of course, Summer came back home safe and sound and she even learned a new skill, hugging her stuffed animals. Thanks Gramma and Grandad for the love and childcare!
This is what "Jana-girl" looks like.

This is what "Jana-mama" looks like.
And here is Summer and Grandad

1 comment:

MIMI said...

I left a post yesterday and it has "disappeared". Well, it said that Summer is so WELL ADJUSTED. She does not fear Santa, the EASTER BUNNY, or leaving MaMa and DaDa. What a doll she is!! I love the family picture. What about her 4 top teeth? Any more progress on those? I admire you, Jana, for your discipline and taking back your time.
Love,
MIMI