Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer - 7 weeks

Wow, things have really improved in the past week. As a family we are ALL doing better.
I feel back to my normal self...thanks to scientific breakthroughs in medicine!
Summer weighs 9 lb 11 oz! She put on 10 oz this week and we can really tell. She feels substancial when you pick her up now. I am quickly losing the ability to manouver her with one hand.
Since we are having such a good week I decided to test out some of our big girl toys. I put in the Baby Einstein Baby Mozart DVD and she was meszmerized for about 7 minutes. Before I started it I was wondering how I was going to get her to look at the tv...BUT once it started that wasn't an issue.

Since that went so well I decided to bring out the Bumbo seat. I know this is a little early but the back part supports her neck since she is so short. She was ok with this for about 10 seconds...long enough for me to think I could grab the camera and get a good picture. As you can see I wasn't quick enough. Maybe next time you see her in the Bumbo she will be happier.AND we started adding a little bit of Formula to Summer's bottles today. It is very gradual only .5 oz to begin with and she didn't notice any change. Hopefully the addition to her diet will give her the extra calories to sleep a little longer. I am not complaining about sleep. She is still sleeping 4-5 hours at a time and I am ok with that for now.

2 comments:

MIMI said...

Yeah Baby Einstein!! But we all know that Summer is a quick study.
Bumbo will happen when she is ready. I can really tell that she is growing. I just want to hold those 9 pounds 1 ounce in my arms.

mook said...

Baby Mozart was one of our favorites! I could count on that if I needed to jump in the shower real quick or start dinner. It always gave me a good 30 minute break! When she gets to be about 12 lbs. she will sleep better. That seems to be a magic number.
xoxo
Mook