Saturday, July 11, 2009

Fun Saturday

Today has turned out to be a very productive yet relaxing Saturday!
The day started off great as Summer slept for 6 hours last night breaking her current record. She was awake most of the morning but as we have come to expect she went down for a great afternoon nap and has been asleep for 5.5 hours so far...and still sleeping.
Here is what she has been up to today...

Video note - she had an accident on the changing table prior to this nap so she got stripped down. Then she told me she didn't want the trauma of putting on another outfit so we decided to nap naked. And since she was naked I thought that laying that warm blanket down underneath her would be comfortable. She is typically swaddled but I was giving her a break this time. The hum and cool air of the humidifier along with the ipod playing classical music make the room a very relaxing place to sleep. I get sleepy everytime we rock...reminds me of a massage treatment room. And one last thing...I know my hair looks wild and crazy but that is because I have been enjoying myself outside all day:)

While Summer was napping, Chad, the dogs and I were hanging out in the back yard catching rays. We enjoyed some fresh watermelon that was so sweet and yummy. The dogs got a good brushing then needed to be hosed off. Check out the video of Lucy getting wet!

5 comments:

Uncle Bud and Aunt Jen said...

Summer looks so comfy in her bed! We have to know...did she not have an accident without a diaper on? Lucy looks just like her cousin Sadie when she gets wet! That is hilarious!

Jana said...

She DID have a diaper on while she slept...naked everywhere else.

MIMI said...

I Guess (no I KNOW) that she is doing GOOD!!! She is "filling out" and looks so healthy. Each time I see her I just want to pick her up and love her. I love watching each little move she makes--I watched this one 5 times already, trying to catch something that I may have missed the time before. Thanks for making my day.
Love,
MIMI

Leslie said...

Jan - What a Great Day of Sleep!! YAY! hopefully, it continued into the night!
Les

Maggie Pelton said...

Look at those cute little lips moving!! I could squeeze her. Girl, you enjoy those 5.5 hr naps. I wish NI would nap that well!