Thursday, July 2, 2009

LOVE

After my HONEST post I feel the need to share some LOVE.
We powered through a rough morning and I was determined to go to the Mother's support group no matter how late we would be...and it was worth it. I feel like it is my church these days. The place where I can go to get recharged for the week. I got a lot of support and assurance from the other moms as I did from all of your comments. THANKS.
ONE reason Summer might have been a bit cranky is because she was growing. She put on 14 ounces this past week! The week prior she only gained 4 so this was significant. At 6 weeks old, Summer weighs 9lb 1oz. I think that is fantastic! And you can feel it on her...she still feels short therefore it is like holding a 9lb turkey or Pumpkin as I like calling her "pumpkin."
We did a quick photo shoot today to capture the moment and boy was she posing for me.

"Oh Mom, pictures of ME again. Ok let me pose!"


Miss Prim and Proper
OK Mom, I checked my watch and times up!

8 comments:

Aunt Jen said...

Love the pice & love you!

MIMI said...

We all (Aunt Pam, Aunt Dot, Uncle Jim) just read the laST 2 days and laughed and cried as we read and relived each word. We KNOW that Summer is crying for US! She wants her "fam". WE LOVE and PRAY for you. Headed back to B'ham.
Doug, I thank you for your words of wisdom and all others who wrote to support our Martin family.
Love,
MIMI

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Such a cutie!!!

the crazy armstrongs said...

I was showing Brooke your blog and she said .. that's Jana mama.. and I said Yes and baby summer your cousin she said she has cute cheeks! so sweet ..can't wait for them to meet someday!

mook said...

Those pics are sooo CUTE!!! Love 'em!

Leslie said...

Cute Pics! I love her, Little Lady onsie! ;) xo, to you all!

uncle bud said...

Those pics are so cute!!! She loves the camera!!

Yancey said...

Hope you don't mind me taking a peek at your blog. I found it via Christina's blog. First of all, Congratulations on your new addition! Summer is beautiful! Hope you are doing well.