Saturday, May 23, 2009

Summer Marie Martin

Summer Marie Martin has arrived!
Chad and I were blessed with her arrival on Wednesday, May 20th at 8:29am. She weighed in at 5lb 9oz and was 18inches long. She joined us 3.5 weeks early and we couldn't have been happier to have her. I am proud to say that I gave birth to her withOUT any pain medication however that was only due to her speedy entrance into the world. And I have now joined the group of mothers who have endured pain but only remember the sweetest parts of that day! And THAT, my friends without kids, is WHY we are always so surprised about the things noone told us about...there is just too many positive moments that outweigh those negative ones.
Here are some pictures that sum up Summer's life so far...

8 comments:

MOM said...

Mom is in MIMI heaven! Susan and I are so excited to be here and experience this joy together. To see our children be such responsible, caring parents is the greatest blessing in the world. Summer is more beautiful and precious than I could have dreamed. Chad has impressed me so much with his attention and love to both Jana and Summer. WOW! Life is good-Thank you, God.
Love,
MIMI

Rachel said...

Congratulations Martin Family!! Summer is so beautiful. I am spilling over with love and happiness for all of you. Sending happy thoughts and much joy! Can't wait to meet her! (I'll be back on Monday!) xxxooo

Doug/Grandad said...

Congratulations Jana and Chad! You already are great parents. Susan and I are so proud of you. You both are doing such a great job in raising Summer. She's beautiful. Sampson's doing a great job of protecting her, too! Can't wait to see you both on Friday, June 19th, and spending that first Father's Day with you. Trish said it all. We are blessed. Thank God for wonderful gifts like Summer and Chad and Jana and Grandmothers to help. Be good. Love you Heaps.
Doug/Grandad

Maggie Pelton said...

Congratulations, Jana! She's adorable. I can't wait to hear the whole story of her birth. It sounds like it's a good one!

Susan said...

I'm back in Hayesville and what a trip it has been! You 3 make quite a family for whom God is well pleased I am sure! Thank you for allowing me to share in your joys! I love you!
Gramma

Susan said...

I'm back in Hayesville and what a trip it has been! You 3 make quite a family for whom God is well pleased I am sure! Thank you for allowing me to share in your joys! I love you!
Gramma

Ashlei said...

Jana, I'm behind on bloggig our internet has been crazy. I'm so excited for you. It only keeps getting better. I wish I could be there to see in person how beautiful she is.

Kelcei Chamberlain said...

Congrats, Jana! She is a doll.