Saturday, May 9, 2009

River Festival

Today was a great Saturday.

It all started when Chad put me into a coma (what we refer to when one person closes the drapes, shuts the door, and in this case put a pillow over my head) this morning and I slept an extra hour or so. Once I woke up we had banana pancakes with cinnamon, yum!


On a side note, sometimes Sampson lays down flat in the back yard and I go to look for him and don't see him at first. It reminds me of looking at a zoo exhibit trying to identify the leopard.

Back to our day...in the afternoon we went downtown to the Truckee River Festival where there were kayaking tournaments (or whatever you call a kayaking event) and the weather was wonderful. We brought a blanket...I packed a sandwich and fruit which Chad never takes me up on eating, and hung out in the sun!













Yesterday was Marley Rose's 2nd Birthday. I remember being there for her birth and also her 1st Birthday so I hate to miss this tradition I had started but travel across country is out of the question now. She was having a party with a jump house AND ice cream sundaes...sounds delicious. In honor of her birthday, Chad and I went to McDonalds and got an ice cream cone. Thanks for the reason MR!
Just 2 years ago this is what life looked like for the McLaughlin family!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Jana,
Seeing you hold Marley Rose looks so natural. Can you believe that you will have one of those soon? It has been a great Mother's Day, but Summer will make it even better.
Love,
MOM