Sunday, May 24, 2009

Parenting Summer

Thank God for Medela! I have to say that this parenting job is hard.
I had a complete meltdown this morning after a very hard night of breastfeeding. I was concerned that Summer was dehydrated and not getting nutrition. I called the doctor hotline this morning and an "Angel" doctor phoned me back calming me down and giving me instructions to go purchase a breastpump and then I will know how much she is getting. WOW what a sigh of release! I CANNOT tell you how emotional I was and how this breast pump was a gift from GOD.
You can see the relief in Chad and my faces as we give Summer her first breastmilk bottle.
Here is Summer and her content look after she had a full tummy!



Summer after ANOTHER great feeding.

5 comments:

MOM said...

What a day here in the Martin household--we've gone from tough to terrific! We are all sighing a deep sigh of relief. Summer is an ANGEL and I am so proud of her mommy and daddy.
Love,MOM

Rachel said...

The sun is shining on Summer and her family today! She looks SO happy, Jana. As do you and Chad. I'm grinning ear to ear. She's precious!

Leslie said...

I'm so proud of you, Jana!! So many of my friends have gone through the same thing....it's weird feeding because you don't know how much they are eating. You both are doing an Amazing job, and she is just gorgeous! She has such great coloring also!! xo, Les

Anonymous said...

Summer is beautiful and perfect in every way! Congratulations, i am so excited for you guys. Being a mom is the most wonderful gift. Treasure the infant months as they will fly by.
xoxo-Denise

the crazy armstrongs said...

I'm just so happy for you guys!! Boy is breast feeding hard..I had to do the exact same thing as Parker had lost so much weight and wasn't getting enough.. a pump is for sure a gift from God AMEN sister! by the way like the burp cloth :)