Friday, August 15, 2008

Things I like

This week has been all about organization. I have cleaned out all closets in my house and donated 13 bags of clothes and stuff to Goodwill. Needless to say, there hasn't been many exciting events to blog about. I really like the word "blog" blog blog blog. Its the new "blah" blah blah blah.

This lack of excitement has lowered my level of excitement expectations. Now even the little things make me happy.

Example #1 my PINK DISHWASHING GLOVES. That's right! Honey, I put these things on and I just want to take a picture they are so cute. They really make me happy and then I forget about how washing pots and pans make my lower back sore.

Example #2 Imagine Bistro Organic CUBAN BLACK BEAN BISQUE, yum. We had a small cup of this soup as an appetizer topped with a little shredded cheddar, fresh cilantro and a dallop of sour cream. I know the taste you are thinking about when you hear black bean bisque...but when you add Cuban in front of it...think Jamacain Jerk. For our main course we had Jambalaya and it was in the same taste bud family. I purchased this at Whole Foods but you could probably find it in the natural aisles at your grocery. After I took one bite I immediately grabbed the box (comes in a pourable box) to check the fat content because it was so good and creamy, but it only has 3.5 fat grams.

Also I would like to say how wonderful my mother is. She started back to school this week and this year she is a Specialty Teacher (that may not be the correct title) who teaches K-2 Math and Science. This is a wonderful promotion for her and she deserves it! She is making a difference in children's & fellow teachers' lives daily. GO MOM!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis,

Thanks for the update. Yon look really cute in your cleaning gloves. I have been wondering what ya'll have been doing all week. Soup sounds good but I will hold off on the cleaning for myself. Jen and I have finally completed the update to the patio. We now have all the screens in and the tile layed. It really looks good and we are glad to be through after 2 weeks of hard work. I love the updates. We have the best mom ever. Hope this week hasn't been too hard on her after having the summer off. She may be ready for some refreshments.

Love,
The Savages

Anonymous said...

Oh ya. I love that pic of you and Chad in Vegas. What concert was that at?

Chad Martin said...

I think she was in the shower when she took this picture. The photo up top is at Vegoose. It was a great time!

Anonymous said...

Jana Marie,
Now I KNOW that you should be on T.V.-- maybe in commercials. You look perfect for the part. You also look so thin. Have you been working too hard this week?
Thanks to both of my precious kidos for the sweet remarks--or was Jay putting in a wise-crack about me being off ALL summer?
I love the new background and am so proud of you for being so ORGANIZED and CREATIVE. Have a wonderful week-end and give Chad a big hug from us. Love, Ma Bell

Anonymous said...

Jana,
Just wanted you to know that your BLOG is the high point of my week. Don't know which is more fun--reading what you wrote or what Jay comments on (like the zebra playing dead episode). Two totally different perspectives-ANYWAYS thats why I feel so blessed to have you BOTH!!!
Love you so much,
MOM