Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Talented Brother & Frogs


I just want to take a moment and brag on my Bud (brother). He has done so much work on his back yard and patio over the past few years. He laid pavers to create a larger patio area, built the infamous firepit and he recently just topped it off with a screened in back porch. He even added a ceiling fan for those hot Alabama nights. Plus, he tiled the floor in slate. Of course, he couldn't have done it without the support and direction of his loving wife, Jennifer. Way to go Jen!

Secondly, I have found 2 frogs in my yard in the past couple of weeks. Let me remind you that I live in the desert! I am a little confused and hoping that I don't have a pond under my house. Actually, Lucy found the frog but I saw it before it became her snack. Yes, she would have eaten it. Also included are some pictures of Sampson and Lucy trying to find the frog once it jumped back into the grass. No luck for them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan,
I would like to add a big "Amen" to your Blog about your talented brother. But did you fail to notice that he also added new stepping stones coming from the gate to the patio. And also he replaced the grass under them after adding much needed dirt under the grass. He hopefully has solved the water standing there which was really getting on his nerves. He is a very particular person and does like things done right--that is why he waited for just the right girl!!!
NOTHING is better than having children who love uplifting each other and are proud of each others accomplishments.
Proud MOM

Anonymous said...

Sis,

Thanks for the post on the blog. I was hoping and thinking of how I could make the blog and somehow I did. I am so honored. Jennifer and I worked really hard trying to put it all together and it turned out better than we ever could have imagined.

I would like to give a couple shout outs to those that inspired and helped me through this process. First and foremost to my wife, Jennifer for all of her love, support and hard work. Thank you for dreaming with me that this could become a reality. You are the best and I love you so much. I also want to give a shout out to Lane Hopper, #1 right now. Thank you for the many late nights on your patio that gave me the idea, and also letting me borrow your tile saw. Lastly, I would like to thank my father in law, Jerry Little. Thanks you for all your help in coming up with the final plans on the design of the patio. Also for tips on the door, staining and hooking us up with your screen guy. Thanks to all of you, I couldn't have done it without any of you.

Please do not think that this will be the last of the outside home improvements. I have plans to get rid of the infamous fire pit, replacing it with our table and chairs, and also a possible irrigation in the works for 09. I am tired of wasting so much time watering the grass, when I could be spending more time with my wife. Look for more pics to come later and I hope they may make the blog.

Love,
The Savages