Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Croquet




This weekend we had dinner at a our friends' house, Lisa & Phillip. We sat outside and enjoyed a delicious meal of ribs and corn on the cob (and other yummy stuff). Jim and Rachel brought over their croquet set (they sail too!) and we played in the backyard. Like most southerners, Chad and I have never played croquet before. I would compare it to playing putt putt in your back yard...but you only get one hit per turn. Therefore, you need to be really good or cheat. I took the latter of the two options. However it was fun and even though it got dark on us our friends had little white lights strung in their trees which was too cute. We later had a bonfire and cooked smores! Overall it was a night to remember.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been waiting for you to post this!!

i love those orange pants. now on the next photo you have of me all your friends and family will think i lost 30 pounds, but really i just changed pants.

that was really really fun!

Jana said...

I would like to make a correction. Chad has played croquet before and so has my mom. I guess I may be the only southerner who hasn't. I just assumed it was a "northern game."

Anonymous said...

of course chad has played. he was almost on the US olympic team wasnt he?