Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hot August Nights

There is an event that happens in Reno every year in August called Hot August Nights. This is where people bring out their old timey cars and show off how shiny they are. I have never gotten into this tradition because I am really not that into cars. However, this weekend I helped my friend who was hosting an event at her shopping center and it was a lot of fun. It was neat to see how these contestants took sooo much pride in their cars. At one point, I saw an old man shinning his car, a police officer wiping down his motor cycle and a restaurant vendor wiping down their display sign. I was immediately motivated to clean something...so I grabbed my cell phone and wiped off the screen (job done)!

Here are some of the cars I thought were cool.













I also want to tell you about my recent cooking adventure. Chad and I love to have Breakfast for Dinner one night a week. That consists of Bacon, Eggs and Biscuits. And to me biscuits come out of a can. Well Breakfast night came around and I didn't have any canned biscuits so I thought we would have toast. Now, I love toast in the morning but it just does not make the cut for a Breakfast Dinner. Therefore, I was kinda bummed thinking this meal was going to be less than perfect. That is when I saw some flour on my kitchen shelf and I thought... maybe I could make homemade biscuits (not something I do). So I googled a recipe (google has changed the world) and realized I had all of the ingredients. Great! Plus, I remembered the cute flower cookie cutters I have...and that is how we get to the picture below. I am happy to say they turned out CUTE and DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the updates - keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

I love the updates too...post more recipes that you have really enjoyed. need some new ideas for dinner...I am in a blah mood about cooking dinners.

Kim