Thursday, July 26, 2012

Zane at 4 months old

Brace yourself for the cutest 4 month old boy!
This sweet little guy went to the doctor today for his check up and shots.  He weighed in at 16.2 lbs and 25 inches tall.  That is 75% for weight and 50% for height.  He, of course, did not like his shots but quickly recovered and then took a nice long nap.  I am hoping for a full nights rest.  
 
Zane and Grandad (the new slim and trim Grandad that is)
So I started Zane on rice cereal about 2 weeks ago and then added in bananas, which he loves, and I wanted to add some veggies too.  I baked a couple sweet potatoes, put them in the food processor and then froze them in my mini cupcake pan.  
This way I can pull out a couple as needed. By the way, Zane is a big fan of sweet potatoes too.
Training for the Asheville Half Marathon is coming along on track.  My wonderful brother is training with me (although in Alabama) and we email each other after each run.  It is a huge encouragement and motivation to have an accountability partner.  Currently we are running 15 miles per week but our long run is increasing each week.  It is surely harder to train this time as time is hard to come by. Also I am training in 3 months verses 6 months for my previous half which means I have to increase my long run each week rather than getting used to it for a few weeks. 
However, besides committing to a goal and achieving it I am also trying to shed some baby weight so that I can fit into my wardrobe by the fall.  I am so tired of struggling to get dressed because nothing fits!  Good news, I have lost 3 pounds and can fit into 2 more pairs of shorts. Hooray!

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Zane is adorable!! Hope to see him soon. So proud of you for training. Don't know how you are doing it!

Mimi said...

I AM the PROUDEST MOM in the WORLD! My children BUILD EACH OTHER UP!!! and always have (well 99% of the time). They are selfless parents and mates. Do I sound PROUD--well I am because THAT is something to BRAG about! I love you and am SO PROUD of you! I admire you SO much and don't want to discourage you, but I don't see HOW ON EARTH you do all you do.
I think ZANE is ADORABLE!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Cutest little boy Jana!! Did Chad tell you I have lost 20 lbs! I cut out carbs - much like the plan you were on a while back. Feel great! Its a lot with 2 kids, training, eating, not sleeping - proud of you!