Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Flying Solo

This week the kiddos and me are flying solo as we dropped daddy off at the airport for a business trip.  I am slowly checking things off my list, mostly necessities like grocery shopping, laundry and dishes but this morning I did something crafty which is fun for me.  I painted this scrap piece of wood with chalkboard paint.  In addition, I spray painted a blah Christmas wreath and rearranged some decor from other areas of the house .  
I figured I would need a heaven-sent reminder (hourly) to be the christian mom I want to be.
My verse of the week: James 1:19 - My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 
Zane Zane Zane, you will become a manly man but for now you will be surrounded by PINK.
Summer loves getting in all of her old baby toys, exercauser, baby swing, bounce seat and the high chair...only now she can climb in and buckle up all by herself.   

2 comments:

Mimi said...

What an appropriate reminder for us all. Zane, you may be surrounded by pink, but a manly man you ARE! Summer, you never cease to AMAZE me! Love you ALL!

Rachel said...

Dang, you are so crafty! Your ability to upcycle items continues to impress me to no end. Go Jana! I may have to start taking photos of stuff in my house and send them to you to ask for advice. Oooh! Home consulting by Jana - I can see it now, Miss Pottery Barn!