Sunday, April 1, 2012

Family Update

Big Sis loves to hold her brother
However that only lasts for 30 seconds then it is on to more fun...she and Mimi made a bunny rabbit cake and Summer decorated it herself!
Mimi left on Saturday and to our surprise Summer stayed in her playroom by herself for 3.5 hours playing with play-doh, coloring, and painting with a full bottle of hand sanitizer (didn't mean for that to happen...realized something was wrong when I looked in and she had her pants off, using them to wipe up her "big mess.") 
All the while, Zane was catching rays trying to rid his skin of jaundice.  The doctors have checked it twice and will again next week however they don't think it is a problem just monitoring it.
Daddy and Zane working on the computer 
Here are some pics from the hospital.  Summer is beaming with love and happiness!  Grandad (aka "da") is holding Zane for the first time.
Nana, Summer and Zane
Mimi meets Zane for the first time
Papa and Grammy (aka "Mammy") came to the hospital to greet the newest grandchild however I don't seem to have any pics.  Mammy will be returning in a couple of weeks to love on us when Daddy goes out of town.
I love this picture of Summer and Zane.
Summer Update: I am glad that I realized the lack of attention I was giving Summer so early because I feel that I have been able to resolve that situation and both she and I are spending quality time together.  Chad and I have noticed how Summer has grown up in the past week.  Her vocabulary has exploded and her independent play has really grown.  Her playroom full of toys hasn't seen this much action ever!
My recovery from the c-section is going really well.  I have weaned myself off the pain medication and I have been able to move around pretty well.  Yesterday we even ventured out for our first family of four+dog walk in the neighborhood.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Jana Marie, you are an amazing MOTHER! So proud of you!

grammy said...

You look great!! Sure it felt good to get out in the sunshine. What a beautiful family. Cant wait to see all of you again.