Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Birthday

This week I celebrated my 33rd Birthday.  This birthday was perfect.  I did just what I wanted to do.  Nana came and picked up Summer (thanks Nana and Da) and I took Zane to his 1 month check up appointment.  At this age it is so exciting to see how much weight he has put on.  Chad and I had guessed that he would be 8lb 11oz so you can imagine my amazement when he weighed in at a whopping 10lb 2oz and grew 1 inch to 21.5 inches.  That information alone kept me on a high all day.  After that I went to Chick Fil A followed by a relaxing pedicure, ahh.  Then we came home and napped and Chad, Zane and I went downtown for dinner out (Zane slept the whole time).  And to top it off, when we pulled back in the driveway there was a Birthday sign and balloon tied to the mailbox that Summer and Nana had made!
After that perfect day, followed a few very imperfect days and some very imperfect nights!  
So Friday night we decided to treat ourselves to yogurt out.  Summer quickly went to get dressed (she was in post nap pjs) and she was so proud that she put on this entire outfit by herself...therefore I let her wear it (non matching and all).  She is a big girl!  In fact, when Daddy got her out of the car at the yogurt shop she got all upset because she wanted to get out of the car herself and didn't want to be picked up...oh no.  

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Zane is getting to be a big boy!!! Summer is very fashion minded. I thought her outfit was great. She is growing up so fast. Glad your birthday was all you wanted it to be. Hope to see y'all soon

Mimi said...

Me, too, Grammy! I thought her outfit was so cute. She is too, too, big!!! I miss seeing how fast they are growing. Birthday time will be here SOON. I hope Summer remembers me!!