Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer's 1st Birthday Party

Summer had the best birthday party ever thanks to our sweet family and friends who came to celebrate with her!
Let's just skip right to the cake...which we ate first like all good parties do.
Cutest cake and cupcakes made by http://www.artbytheslicecakes.com/ (Mom's friend). She is in Birmingham, AL if anyone needs ANY type of cake.
This was Summer's first taste of sugar and after a little beating around the bush she got the hang of it. She did however want to eat without the use of her hands...like bobbing for cake!
PS-no sugar for my child until her 2nd birthday
I think this is the look of Sugar Overload
Note to Summer - you just got lots of Birthday toys...you don't have to play with the dog bowls and chuck-it anymore!Wonderful, supportive, loving, spoiling Grandparents!Fun Aunts and UncleJen and I almost got bucked off these Wild Turkeys in downtown Asheville!And of course, my best friends!Ok-now for my sidenotes: you know how I spent all of my nap times last week making my craft project for the birthday party. Well, not to make anyone who attended feel bad, BUT hardly anyone even noticed them (queue fiddler)! So even though I am sure I didn't learn my lesson I will put more thought into how I spend my prep time next year. Seriously, all you need are pink balloons EVERYWHERE.
I painted these clay pots white (2 coats inside and out), traced and cut out Summer's handprints in fabric as well as the number 1,mod podge'd the fabric to the pot, handpainted the flowers and vine on the rim, polyurethan'd (yes I know that is not proper grammer) inside and out, then used as decoration to hold the cute napkins tied with pink ribbon that noone noticed and therefore used paper towels! Nahh, I wasn't bothered:)

Following the party on Saturday we participated in a Family Dedication at church on Sunday. It was a time where we could have the entire church pray for Chad and I to have a strong marriage and to be Christian parents to Summer so that we can raise her to know and love God. When we were getting in our car a older couple rolled their window down and said they liked Summer and thanked us for dedicating her. I was so moved by them saying that. That they were thanking us for choosing to raise our daughter in a Christian home. That was sweet of them.

5 comments:

Grammy said...

what a wonderful weekend! what wonderful parents Summer has! Summer is the closest thing to perfect that I know!!!!!I am so blessed to be in this family. Thank you Chad and Jana for letting me be Grammy to Summer. I love her so much.

Larry said...

What a wonderful time. Summer truly enjoyed the festivities and that's what made it perfect! The 11 of us attending to Summer's dedication made it memorable.

Gramma said...

very very special weekend! thank you Chad and Jana for sharing this time with us and thank you God for giving us Summer!

MIMI said...

PRECIOUS MEMORIES!!!

Leslie said...

So much fun!! Wish we had more time. Summer is Adorable, and I can't believe she is 1 already! love to you all!