Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Chatter

On a typical day, this is the best photo I can get of Summer.
Summer: Seriously Mom? Camera again?
Me: Seriously Summer? Can you not stay still for one moment and smile into the camera?!
Both of us: Big sigh followed by an eye roll
But today I was real sweet to her and snapped a few pictures immediately after her morning nap and I got some good ones. We were in dire need of a smile looking at the camera.
Hmmm...Has anyone seen Summer's brown stuffed animal named Moose?
The first bloom on my hibiscus plant. I think these are so pretty and this is my first year to grow one.Today was one of those days when I woke up, had my cup of coffee and put on my Superwoman cape to make miracles happen. That's right, deep cleaning at my house requires the likes of Superwoman. Bathrooms cleaned, laundry washed, craft project step 2 of a million-completed, exercised and to prove today really was a miracle...I showered!

This past month we have joined the gym and it really is great to be able to go work out and put Summer in the childcare(exclamation point!) Twice I have made the mistake of arriving 20 minutes before childcare ends and I vow not to do that again. The people on the treadmill next to me must have thought I was crazy because I basically just sprinted for 18 minutes flat. I was determined to get my workout in if it meant running for my life.

I have developed a passion for running. However, I must have my ipod. I rock out to Black Eyed Peas and Dave Matthews. Seriously, when Dave goes off on his riffs I crank it up as loud as possible and zone out, feels good.

Nicole wanted to know what my meal plan consists of, and since we only play phone tag I will spell it out here. By the way, I am that person who can eat the same exact thing every day for the rest of my life so I rarely stray from this. There ARE other options I could eat but I am easily satisfied and lazy at the same time.

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with lemon pepper & sliced tomatoes (microwaved for 1:45) and 1 piece of whole grain toast liberally covered in spray butter
Snack: apple and a reasonable spoon of peanut butter
Lunch: salad with lots of veggies topped with 4 oz grilled chicken (lowfat Kraft 3 cheese ranch dressing) and either another piece of toast or whole wheat crackers
Snack: apple and peanut butter
Dinner: Either I repeat the salad thing or 4 oz chicken/fish with sauteed veggies (no carbs @ dinner)
Drink 1 gallon of water throughout the day to stay full.
Important to eat only wheat breads & brown rice - no white! Read your labels and stay away from Sugar. You will be surprised how much is in some foods that you don't consider sweet & fat free is often higher in sugar than lowfat so I choose lowfat.
And that's my Monday chatter. What's going on with you?

2 comments:

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I joined the gym a few weeks ago too merely for the childcare:). I can crank up my ipod as I run, walk, or do the elliptical. And then I can actually take a long shower by myself while the girls are being watched. It's glorious!!! Anyway, love your meal plan. It's pretty much what I try to stick to as well...although I DO get bored with the same ole same ole. Love the pics of Summer too!

MIMI said...

Can't wait to see what that exercise and healthy meal planning has done!! I know that it will inspire me to get with it. 2 days and counting!! One year ago tonight I had no idea that I would be headed for Reno the next day. Wow, what a difference one year can make!
Summer's pictures are ALL so cute!