Monday, September 28, 2009

Hello Lunch!

For the majority, I plan all of our meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) out over the weekend and so I can easily execute during the week.
*Sidenote: I used to "execute" alot in the office. In fact, cover your sensitive ears Mom, my slogan used to be "B*tches get Sh*t done!"...seriously, I used to say that then Jim, Lisa and I would crack up! Ohhh, I can't get the grin off my face now. I think I just heard a whip crack in my head*
Fun times...but back to "executing" my meals now. I like to change it up a bit as Chad won't eat the same thing over and over like I could easily do. So I recently found out that my friend Christina has a cooking blog, http://www.cmariecook.blogspot.com/. She cooks awesome recipes EVERY day then blogs about them! Her fiance has it made.

I saw a recipe for Fired Up Chicken Pitas , http://cmariecook.blogspot.com/2009/09/fired-up-chicken-pitas.html and decided they were easy enough for me to make. This is getting long winded so I will just post a cute picture of the food and Summer, as I know a post about me cooking would be boring without Summer in it somehow.
There will pretty much always be a stack of Summer's clean clothes on the kitchen bar as I only get to fold them when she is asleep and therefore cannot put them up. Then when she is awake we are playing and cannot be bothered with housework, right Summer?
The pitas were healthy and therefore as flavorful as they could get while still being healthy (no cheese or mayo).
Sidenote about Christina's blog: the stuffed figs wrapped in prosciutto are DELICIOUS! I went to her house when she made these and the combo flavor of goat cheese, fig and prosciutto was melt in your mouth good.
Hope your week has started off with a bang!

3 comments:

MOM said...

I'm on my way to the Dr. with an ear infection (you know that they are sensitive and they were just exposed to some pretty strong "execution").
Chicken pita looks wonderful. Summer can't wait to have one. I want you to make the stuffed figs next time you come home.
Love,
MOM

lisa said...

I dont mean this in a bad way, but you really do get s**t done!
hahaha - makes me miss working with you and jim in an empty office.

Doug/Dad/Granddad said...

Jana...that picture of Summer getting ready to scarf down that chicken pita is hilarious! It made me laugh out loud by myself up here in my cave. Summer looks like she's getting ready to execute! that pita!
Love, Doug/Dad/Grandad