Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer - 4 Months

We CANNOT believe it was 4 months ago that our lives changed forever. Chad and I are so in love with our baby girl that our hearts are overflowing.
Summer's most recent development has been more of a maturity than a major physical change.
  • She is overall more content.
  • She loves watching tv. We can hold her in our laps on the sofa and she will sit there and watch football with us. We were at church and she actually watched the preacher on the tv monitor in the cry room the entire time.
  • She can stand up with our assistance.
  • She loves sitting in the bumbo.
  • She still loves Baby Mozart and watches it every morning after breakfast while I pump.
  • She still hates it when she is riding in the car and I stop.
  • She loves the baby bjorn and faces out the majority of the time.
  • She is not into toys yet.
  • She notices the dogs but doesn't seem amused by them, yet they can keep her visually entertained (we throw the ball for Lucy alot).
  • She wears clothes size 3-6 months but doesn't wear shoes yet.
  • Still NO BOWS but I am warming up to the idea! I have a prerequisite for hair before the bow (no tape).
And now for the pictures...
"Look Mommy I am standing up!"
"Ok, I think I can do this by myself...focus, focus."
"Mommy, scoot that pillow over. I am a big girl now and I feel crammed."
"This was me when I was a little girl...last month."
We want to wish Grammy a Happy Birthday!
We also want to wish cousin Lacey a Happy Birthday!
We love you both.

4 comments:

MIMI said...

I CAN"T believe the STANDING UP!!!
I thought you would have to hold both hands and support her middle. Wow-holding with 1 little finger. I want to be there in person to see this!!
Love,
MIMI

mook said...

That standing up on her own pic was funny! She is ADORABLE! You and Chad are doing awonderful job as parents! So happy for you guys! Please give Summer a kiss and a hug from "cousin Mook"!
Love ya'll!!!

Gramma said...

these are the first diaper only pics and I absolutely love them. She is so squeezably adorable. I would bet if you put her on her knees and hands before long she could be up in that position on her own as well-she's just so strong and smart!!!!! Gramma

Gramma said...

Jana-I forgot to mention-I love the sweater and I love Summer in the sweater. I think Grammy gave it to her-well, it is gorgeous on our little angel. I also have enjoyed your 4 month summary of where Summer is now. That's fun to keep up with.Not sure why you are concerned about bows-she has the rest of her lfe to wear them-ha ha ha ha! Gramma