Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday at our house

Today was our FIRST time to church as a FAMILY!
Summer was well behaved and loved the music. At our church the music is like a Christian concert and it is very loud! Mommy shook her to the beat and she loved it. We did go into the cry room during the sermon as she decided she was going to chit chat during service. Although it is cute, it is not acceptable during the service. There are gliders in the cry room and she dozed off as I rocked.
This is our first family photo since the first week she was born. Sidenote to picture: We were all fed, dressed in clean clothes and out the door by 8:30am (it is not disclosed whether or not our hair or teeth are clean)!
A close up of Summer in Mimi's dress on the ride home.
We are doggy sitting for 2 extra dogs this weekend bringing our dog total to 4 at our house! Luckily, they are all getting along and the weather has been cool so they can stay outside the majority of the day. I have imposed a "no dog on the sofa" rule for the weekend and here are 3 of them sulking! The fourth has her own crate so she didn't care.
NAP UPDATE: We found our nap! I was talking with some other moms and they advised me to use the Miracle Blanket for naps too. Summer has been asleep in it for 3.5 hours now and I was going to wake her after 3 but I decided to blog (after I organized my closet, went to Babies R Us and Walmart - God bless naps)! I do not think this will interfere with her night sleeping as I will surely wake her at 4 hours and then she will have a good 3 hours that we can PLAY before bedtime.
PLAY UPDATE: Friday Summer played with a toy for the first time. I had her sitting up in the bed and we played with a stuffed dog that had ears that make a crinkle noise when you touch them. I played with it for a few minutes and I could tell she was just observing the noise. Then she moved her hands and touched the toy! Sounds small but I could tell she had listened, observed then acted and that is a big learning step!

1 comment:

MIMI said...

What a sweet looking family!! I am happy to see Summer looking content in her smocked dress. She is learning so much from her Mommy teacher everyday.
Love,
MIMI