Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flight Status

Not only did we survive but Summer and I did great!
No pictures though as I had Summer in the baby bjorn, all our gear in a backpack and my hands were always doing something more important than snapping shots for the blog.
She was awake the entire flight to Vegas and kicked her legs, waived her arms and looked at people without making a peep. I changed her diaper on this flight and it wasn't so bad.
On the long flight to Birmingham she had a bottle at take off and was asleep the entire trip after that...not even a bathroom trip for her or I (as I find I get dehydrated often as a mother not thinking of myself).
Uncle Bud, Mimi and Grando were at the airport waiting for us (Summer really)when we got off the plane (at midnight) like the good ole days when people actually parked and came in to greet you. Thanks TSA for taking the joy out of flying!
More to come as we have an action packed week ahead of us. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

mook said...

So glad you are in Alabama! I bet Mimi is in heaven with her sweet Summer!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad the trip went so well for you both! YAY!

Gramma said...

Oh boy oh boy--what a fun week ahead for everybody! did ANYBODY get pics last night-I CAN"T wait any longer to see them -the first meeting of Jay and Grando with Summer! I am thankful the trip went uneventful for you and Summer and you are in B'ham. Have fun!