Monday, February 7, 2011

Word of the Day

I realize it has been a while since my last post.  I have been overwhelmed with my to-do list and therefore not really accomplishing much of anything.  In perfect timing, our church lesson yesterday really made me realize that I needed to ask God for the energy and focus to complete my everyday tasks.  And of course, God delivers.  I was able to get more checked off my list yesterday than 3 days combined.  Therefore, now I have time to blog!
Here is a video from this morning when I was playing with our new camera, Canon Powershot SD1400. (Turns out I might have to read some instructions in order to get the video to upload-sorry for the teaser)Instead of the video, here Summer was today playing dress up with my ear warmer.
Chad came up with a brilliant idea to have a "word of the day" for Summer to practice.  The first word is "Chair."  When she successfully said it we added a second word, "Bible."   Each morning during breakfast/coffee we will introduce a new word to focus on.  I wrote the words and taped them on the door in her playroom but that quickly got ripped down...oh well, its a start.

1 comment:

MIMI said...

Summer, sit on the CHAIR and read your BIBLE while you eat with your SPOON!! Sounds like 2nd grade spelling sentences (you tried to get as many words in one sentence, so you didn't have to write as many sentences)
Word of the Day is such a smart idea, Chad. I will have to SKYPE and help reinforce our new words.
Love to ALL!