Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Fall

Whoops, I guess I let a week slide by without a blog post.  In the past week, Summer has played dress up in Mommy's blazer and scarf!   
She received some Valentine's gifts in the mail (and they went straight to her head)! 
Summer has her first friend! Awww, there is a girl at church whose mom came up to me on Sunday to tell me that her daughter talks about Summer all during the week.  They are in the same class at church on Sundays but not on Wednesdays.  The best part about this is that Summer's friend, Addie, talks very well and is potty training already!  At least I can tell that Summer is running with the right crowd!!

Summer shed blood on my watch!  We were leaving church today after our MOPS class and Summer was walking independently with her hands in her pockets carrying her backpack on her shoulders.  She made it definetely clear that I was not to assist her.  When I directed her to turn right to cross the road to our car she went on a standoff and dropped to her knees.  The weather was beautiful and I was in a Godly state of mind so I just smiled and was willing to stand there for as long as need be.  Summer decided to stand up and walk but maybe it was her hands being in her pockets that threw her balance off because she did a faceplant into the pavement with no hands to catch her fall.  I felt like I saw it in slow motion and my hands were full with a casserole dish and 2 bags that made me feel like I as well was moving in slow motion not picking her up fast enough!  When I picked her up off the ground we hugged first.  I could tell there was scrapped skin but my first priority was to calm the emotions before checking the physical wounds.  Then I doctored her bleeding mouth with baby wipes and luckily I had neosporin in her backpack.  Wow, I am really going to be in for it when she starts skinning up her knees because I just felt terrible.  After her afternoon nap we went outside to gently wake up with some fresh air.
The bright lighting makes it look better than it actually is in real life. 

2 comments:

aunt jen said...

Summer, you are so stinkin cute! Even with a scrape on your nose and lip! We love you sweet girl!

MIMI said...

Mommy, you are always so PREPARED--neosporin, babywipes and HUGS!!!!