Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Step 1: Eat Right

For all of you who might be on the edge...who want to make a healthy change in your food choices but don't know what to eat...this is for you!  Here are the sample meals that my Bootcamp manual recommends:

For The Next 4 Weeks
NO Alcohol
NO Regular Soda
NO Fried Food
NO White Rice, Pasta, Bread, Cakes, Pies, Cookies or Candy
NO Food 4 hours prior to bedtime
Drink 1 Gallon of H2O Each Day

Breakfast (select one)
2 Hardboiled Eggs and 1 pc Light Wheat Bread
1 cup cottage cheese and 1 (6 oz) light yogurt
4 scrambled egg whites, 1 slice low fat american cheese on 1 slice light wheat bread
1/2 cup plain oatmeal, 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

Midmorning Snack (select one)
12 almonds
1 (6 oz) light yogurt
apple with 2 tsp peanut butter
1 oz low fat cheese or string cheese

Lunch (select one)
1 pc light wheat bread with 3-4 oz chicken or turkey, salad with balsamic vinigarette
large salad with grilled chicken breast, balsamic vinigarette, 1 pc fruit
...you get the idea

Midafternoon Snack
same as midmorning snack options

Dinner (select one)
4 oz grilled chicken breast with large salad, 2 tbsp light dressing
4 oz lean meat (shrimp, fish, pork, lean beef) with veggies only-NO Carbs

I have lost 2 pounds in 2 days so far.  The hardest part for me is the no carbs for dinner.  I just eat extra veggies and don't necessarily limit my meat to just 4 oz.  Drinking alot of water helps too!

1 comment:

MIMI said...

Because YOU THINK that I CAN'T do this, I AM GOING to do it for a week--well, let's start with a DAY-TODAY. I'll check in with you and let you know how I'm doing. If you can DO IT, then I CAN. So here goes, Sissy!!