Monday, February 21, 2011

Don't.Fall.Off

When I turned 31 last year I made the commitment to myself that I would get in shape for good.  I was going to be healthy; eat right and exercise.  So far so good until January 15, 2011.  After I completed my major achievement of running a 1/2 marathon, I kind of...fell off the wagon. 
Well actually I haven't hit the ground yet...I am still hanging on by my fingernails but I can feel the rocks below me as I gradually "soften" up in the middle area!  Today is the Day.  I am back on the bootcamp meal plan (hungry as I write).  This means no more cleaning Summer's plate when she boycotts meal #1.  And no more carbs at dinner (ouch). 
Reality check Jana!  You can't eat whatever you want and expect to be slim and trim. 
Wait one second...excuse me Jana, aren't you making this decision on your own will?  And didn't you have enough will-power to train for 6 months to reach your goal?  And how did it feel when you hit that goal?
You can do this!  Case closed...
Anyone want to hop back on the wagon with me?

2 comments:

LIsa said...

Hey Jana - As you know, I have been training for this 10K and also taking the Fitness Challenge at our club. and the big news...I have gained 1lb! I would love if you emailed me the basics of the food plan. I don't eat that bad, but I think I do eat a few too many goldfish when its snack time!

Rachel said...

Jana - I have been SO darn inspired by you over the last year. (Well you inspire me in other ways too, but ESPECIALLY with your dedication to fitness most recently.)Keep at it girlfriend. I know you can do it!