Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Gala - Masquerade in the Meadow

The Junior League of Asheville put on a wonderful event last night!
Fall Gala - Masquerade in the Meadow at The Ramble, Longmeadow Park
Look who made the front page of the Living section of the Citizen-Times!
That's me arranging Susan's mask.
Perfect location. Perfect weather. Perfect food (I ate 6 appetizers, 2 dinner options and 3 desserts...before you start thinking I am a cow let me remind you that basically each one was 1 bite). Wonderful jazz music by Asheville Jazz Orchestra for the first 2 hours then the dj kicked in and that is when the real party began! 7 Raffles were drawn and despite my elevated enthusiasm that I was surely a winner, they did not call my name. Aerial artists (I think I am going to enroll Summer into gymnastics after seeing them), flame throwers, jugglers and did I mention how delicious the food was (Artisian Catering-beef carpaccio, shrimp scampi, poached pears in white wine sauce).
The newspaper printed a link to more photos and look who was also caught on film...Chad and his dad! There were over 400 people in attendance (as you can tell by the lighting we were there early before the sun went down which made us prime photo candidates)
We hired our first babysitter! Her name is Emilie and she did great! She was very sweet and said that Summer was the first baby she sat who did not cry when the parents left. Such a balanced and confident little girl we are raising! Only negative was that Summer's mother was so focused on getting ready (wore the plum dress) and telling Emilie how to put Summer to sleep that I didn't make Summer dinner! That's right, I skipped her meal. What a terrible mother. I didn't realize until we were on our way home when I was changing from my masquerade mask to mommy mask. But to my defense she had a meal at 3:45 because she was off schedule and so I can sleep at night telling myself she was full from that (eye roll).

More pics to come...

1 comment:

MIMI said...

Looks like so much FUN! So glad that Doug and Susan were there to enjoy it with you. Happy 7th Anniversary!!! Seems like THE MARTINS have always been part of our family. We love all that they mean to us. Maybe next year we can all come to the Fall Gala. We just need to plan ahead.