Friday, October 29, 2010

Bows and Playgrounds

Most recently Summer has come to realize that she has a wire tree on her dresser that has all of her hair bows clipped to it. EVERY time she wakes up in the morning or from a nap she points and says "boooooow!" I gladly select a matching bow and clip it in her hair and let her look at herself in the mirror. She wears it around for about 5-10 minutes and then she pulls it out along with 5 precious strands of hair.
As you can imagine, I take my small window of opportunity and capture it on film.
Again...
And Again...But life isn't all bows and playgrounds...oh wait, it is today.
What I mean is sometimes the child doesn't understand where I am taking her and she is grumpy on the journey (Can't resist this God moment...that is so how we are: God knows he is taking us to a playground full of better times but we cry and whine the whole path there). Summer wanted to play outside at our house but I strolled her to the neighborhood playground and let me tell you...this girl is giving me a run for the money on a still face. I assume everyone has noticed that my natural face is quite still..."no I am not mad it is just my face at rest."But then we arrive and someone changed her tune!And she climbed like a big girlShe even went down the slide all by herself!

Next up...Halloween

2 comments:

jen said...

Jana...that is so true! You have such a great way of putting things into perspective! We love ya'll & look forward to seeing ya'll for Thanksgiving! But 1st...off to Napa! : )

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

great post:)