Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thank You

So often in life when others try to lend me a helping hand my first reaction is to refuse in order to prove my independence, strenght, drive, passion. In 2010 I am going to open myself up for others to help me. I am going to simply say Thank You when offerings are given rather than be so tough. This applies to many areas of my life.
I struggle to write this as I hesitate to show weakness but I am going to do it anyway because it isn't about being strong anymore. I need your prayers for my brother and sister-in-law who are expecting twin boys. They are experiencing complications and we need everyone available to drop to your knees and talk to God on their behalf. Please pray for Jen and the boys' health and for Bud's heart to handle the helplessness. It is at these moments that we need God to hold our hand to keep us from just crumbling. Tom Petty was right, "The WAITING is the hardest part!" However we know God can do ANYTHING and in the larger picture when are we ever in control. God is in control and he is looking out for us.
Love to all you Savages!

9 comments:

Jenn Knierim said...

I have already been praying for them and will continue to.

Jay said...

Sissy,

Thank you so much for your prayers. I am sitting here watching Jen sleep and she is so beautiful. She is such a fighter. She has done everything that the Dr.'s have asked of her without even complaining once. She has been laying inverted for days in hope that her the boys will stay where they should and not try to come early. As of now things are the same. They will reexamine in the morning and we pray that we will receive great news that things have reversed and that we will be in a situation that they can do surgery to close up her cervix so that they can stay longer. We promise to do everything in our power to give them a fighting chance. They are Savages and promise to never give up. We lift them up to God Almighty as we know that when you trust in him with all your heart, nothing is impossible. We are so thankful for all of our loves ones and people that we have never met that are lifting them up in prayer. God Is Awesome. Please bless our family and these boys that are so perfect. Thanks for all the prayers. Without them I am not sure how we would make it.

Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding"

MIMI said...

PLEASE GOD BLESS MY CHILDREN WITH CHILDREN LIKE MINE.
A GRATEFUL MIMI

Grammy said...

I pray in agreement with these prayers and also for God's peace and mercy to rain down without ending.

Larry said...

Hearts are humbled and knees are bent. It is with gratitude that my eyes read the wisdom of the Savage's.

Anonymous said...

Jana - you are so good about posting and I have been saying prayers for Bud and Jen. I cannot remember where they are living, but google and see if there is a multiples club in their area. It is a great present and membership is usually not very pricey. My multiples group in Atlanta has kept me sane through the past two years. We have members that are pregnant with multiples too. As a mother of multiples, sometimes it is nice to speak to someone that has been / there done that and maybe in the local multiples group they can offer some of that knowledge. Of course, prayers are always better, but just a thought to share. God Bless you guys!!!
christina

MIMI said...

Just visited our precious couple to find them sweetly taking care of each other. They are both staying positive and doing what ALL of us must do EVERY day--Trust in the Lord to direct our next step.
"Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." I Corinthians 13:7

Gram said...

Hey Jana,
The lump in my throat stills come every time I think of your blog about requesting prayers for Jay and Jen and the twins. Your Florida family has been in constant thought and PRAYER about this dire situtation. Jay's response to your blog was heartwarming and so spiritual. Wow, you both grew up great and we are so proud of you! Only the Lord knows the rest of the story, but we DO KNOW that He is working for the GOOD of those who love him. Romans 8:28

MIMI said...

That Gram is the BEST BIG SISTER in the WORLD! I love her--she has ALWAYS been my role model-because she reflects the LIGHT.
Love,
MIMI