Wednesday, December 30, 2009

In the Kitchen

I almost couldn't sleep last night for thinking that I wasn't feeding Summer enough protein. So first thing this morning I got to cooking a batch of chicken with apples. I have to tell you folks, that is only a few ingredients away from being a delicious chicken salad! If you mix it with butternut squash....yum trust me, I tried it.
Yes I eat all of Summer's food and that is why I make it myself so that I know what ingredients are going into her precious body. I have started feeding Summer more than one food at a time now. For breakfast this morning she had mango and fresh bananas and oatmeal (separate). It is just a little step towards eating like a big girl.
(Note to picture below: quantity may be deceiving as this plate is very small)
I think this smile means she likes it. Her newest thing when eating is to put her finger in her mouth after every bite. It is almost pointless to try to stop her as it is so frequent. Instead, I just have a wash cloth on hand for clean up when finished. Still no teeth or even swollen gums, just LOTS of slobber.
The meal prep doesn't end with Summer. No sir-ee, when Summer naps during lunchtime this is the type of beautiful meal I can whip up! Doug you are missing out by not liking Mexican food. Since I prepared it myself I can assure you there was no dogfood used, only fresh ingredients, ha ha!
And my little one is beginning the phase where she must see one of us or she will start to fret. Since the kitchen is hardwood I set her in the hallway so she can still see me but be on the carpet. It is funny to see this little person just sitting there watching my every move.

2 comments:

MIMI said...

Isn't it wonderful to be LOVED so much that SOMEONE named SUMMER can't take her eyes off of you. Relish every minute of this time in life! Jan, you are the best Mom and Wife to provide your family with such healthy, appetizing meals.
Nothing can make a MIMI happier than to know that her precious Angel is being so LOVED!

MIMI said...

EVERY header picture get CUTER!! The GIRL is Precious inside and out!!!