Friday, December 11, 2009

Love at 6 months

It is for all these reasons and more that I loved being Summer's mom today!
  • Summer smiling at Sampson at 3:30am,reaching to grab his ear while I am trying to burp her.
  • Her BIG open mouth grin when she sees her reflection in the mirror.
  • The way her 17 lb little body feels leaning against my chest when she falls asleep in my arms.
  • The fact that I took her in and and out of World Market without her waking up and everyone oohh'd and aahh'd over her cute sleepy face with her bunny rabbit jacket on.
  • How she was completely amused by the reflection of my ponytail on the wall and burst into laughter in the waiting room at the Toyota dealership.
  • She eats my homemade baby food without hesitation.
  • The smile she gives me right before I start her massage like she knows this is going to be relaxing.
  • Her consistant nightly routine and how she goes to sleep without a peep.
It truly is amazing that a "feeling" can override the physical tolls you are going through (lack of sleep, shower, personal time and I want to stop there as this list could keep going and I want this to be a positive post).

2 comments:

mook said...

I miss those precious times with my sweet Merritt & J.T. Enjoy every moment! I love your lists...keep it up. The new pics are cute as well.

xoxo
Mook

MIMI said...

WHAT AN ANGEL!!!!
Love,
MIMI