Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Updates Updates

The Twins Update: Jay and Jen are doing as well as can be expected. They are keeping a positive attitude and God is working in their hearts during this challenging time. Amazing how a challenge really brings you closer to God. The Twins are growing and thriving thanks to their sweet Mommy who is supplying them with the best little home in her belly. They saw Baby A hit Baby B in the back yesterday. Those boys are rough housing already! Thanks for all of your prayers and continue to keep them up.

Mommy Update: Being Summer's mom at this very moment is so much fun! She is almost 8 months and THIS is what I thought she would be like at birth, ha ha. Now that she can smile, laugh and scream with joy it is SO much more rewarding for me. We can now play dress up and smile for the camera (I seriously had some looney tune idea that she would be born a "baby" but reality quickly taught me the definition of an "infant").
Summer and Lucy

This picture was taken later in the day after we had stripped our tights and lost some of our happy energy.
Kitchen Update: Listen, my Aunt Pam is the sweetest women in Florida, and I know she didn't mean anything sarcastic with her comment regarding my grammer but I laughed out loud that I didn't know what an alliteration was and yet she teaches that in her First Grade class. Wow, do I need to a refresher class or what! Thanks Aunt Pam, I will never forget that word from now on.

And here is the Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole recipe from the Heavenly Delights (Jenks Ave. Church of Christ) cookbook submitted by my cousin Tiffany.
8 oz sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp. poppy seeds
1 cup Minute Rice
1/2 cup water
cooked, chopped chicken (about 4 breasts)
1 pkg Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick butter melted (I think you could use less)
Mix the first 6 ingredients together. Stir in chicken. Place in 9x13 baking dish. Top with crackers. Pour melted butter on top. Bake 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees.
Martin Review - Chad and I loved this receipe and we will add it to our family staples. In fact I will be making it again this weekend when Mom and Larry come to visit.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Awwwwwwwwww aren't babies at this age just the best! I'm telling you, I think 10 months is just about perfect...the golden age of babyhood!
ENJOY!
Laurel

MIMI said...

Summer is at an adorable age, but when she can say "Mimi, I love you. Take me home with you" that will also be ADORABLE!!
I'm counting down until Saturday and I can Summer sit!!!!!!