Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mercy

I couldn't go to bed tonight for a pull in my soul to read the Bible.
I started reading in Psalms and came across these verses.
As a bad situation is turning worse I can only turn to God for direction.

Psalms 143:1,4-8
1)Oh Lord, Hear my prayer,
Listen to my cry for mercy;
in your faithfulness and righteousness
come to my relief.
4)So my spirit grows faint within me;
my heart within me is dismayed.
5)I remember the days of long ago
I meditate on all your works
and consider what your hands have done
6)I spread out my hands to you
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land
7)Answer me quickly, Oh Lord
my spirit fails
Do not hide your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit
8)Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love
for I have put my trust in you
Show me the way I should go
for to you I lift up my soul

5 comments:

The Reeds said...

Jana, I am so sorry. I am praying!

MIMI said...

When we are hurt beyond our strength, and it cuts deep into our hearts, our faith is the key. Trusting in the Lord will sustain us.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made PERFECT in weakness."
I saw and held PERFECT today!

Grammy said...

Our God is good all the time. matt.5:4 Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted. God is our comfort and strength. He will heal our family and His name will be glorified.

Shelby said...

Hey Jana, I am not sure if you remember me from college, but I was Shelby Tutwiler back then (now I am Shelby Smith--I was Ashlei's AXO big sister). I just wanted to let you know how very sorry I am that your family is having to go through this. My husband and I were 7 months pregnant, and in September, we lost our beautiful baby girl. One of the books that we received is called "Greiving the Child I Never Knew" by Kathe Wunnenberg, and I can't tell you how much it helped me. It is made up of very small devotional-type chapters that really helped me go straight to His Word to help start healing my greiving heart. I am not sure if your brother and sister-in-law would be interested, but I just thought I would pass it along. I have been thinking about and praying for all of you guys.

Jana said...

Thanks to all for your kind comments and emails.
Shelby-of course I remember you. How could I forget such an outgoing personality! I am thankful for your recommendation and sorry that you had to endure such heartache. I will look for that book tomorrow and I will keep you in my prayers. Good to hear from you.
Jana