Saturday, February 28, 2009

Summer's Baby Shower

Last Sunday Summer had a baby shower in Birmingham. It was a joyous experience to be with family and close friends. I am amazed at how generous everyone was and all the essentials we received!


We had some delicious food and the best strawberry cake from Ashley Macs.
Jay came by before the shower started and we took some cute pictures.

Thanks to all who came to support the arrival of baby Summer.

And all the super cute gifts you gave!

Believe it or not but I did make it home with EVERYTHING!
Here are some keepsakes that I will treasure for Summer...smocked dress that my mom handmade, pink and white blanket handmade by Mama Burr, silver monogrammed pacifier holder and the sweet shower invitation.

Thanks to the hostesses who put this shower together for us. We appreciate all your efforts!

3 comments:

mook said...

Are you sure you are pregnant? because I can not tell in your picture with Bubba!! You look amazing!! I can't believe you got home with all that loot!! I bet you are having fun organizing Summer's room! Love that smocked dress that your mom made! We have one of those too! It was our favorite! xoxoxoxo Mook

Jana said...

Yes I'm pregnant! So far I have been on track with weight gain...that is until this week in Alabama. I packed on 5 lbs. I guess it was in reference to the "Yummy Foods" I ate. I am trying to "maintain" over the next few weeks to level out. I should have taken a sideways shot!

Anonymous said...

Jana,
How did our time together fly by so quickly? That's exactly what will happen to your pregnacy and Summer's life.I'm so glad that you have these memories documented for her. She will love knowing how she was loved even before we could see her.
Love,
MOM