Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm on a roll...

So far I am having a great week getting back in the swing of updating this blog!
Although my camera is off for repairs (actually they are replacing it for free) I have managed to take some pictures on my phone. 
Today was our MOPS meeting which is always fun and encouraging and I get tons of creative ideas from the other moms.  I came home inspired and went to town on some potatoes!  I tackled 15 pounds of potatoes which at the time felt like overkill but they were on sale for 2.99 for 10# (plus I already had some) and I know that down the road, when I don't have to bake a potato, I will be a happy girl.
Per,http://www.momonamission.me/, I washed them, pierced them once, rubbed them with vegetable oil and sprinkled with salt then baked them for 1 hr at 400.

The smaller potatoes I sliced into rounds and will use those for scalloped potatoes or french fries in the future.  I made twice baked potatoes with one tray and with the third tray I sliced and left in halves to later top with cheese, bacon and chives.  I flash froze them for 2 hours by laying them flat in the freezer.  Then I bagged them.
While the potatoes were cooking, and after Summer woke up from naptime, we made dinner-Spinach and Cheese Manicotti (another momonamission recipe).  We doubled the recipe so that we could eat some tonight (and lunch tomorrow) as well as have another meal in the freezer.  She was very meticulous about getting the cheese into the plastic bag (which we used to pipe the filling into the shells).  Oh and by the way, smiling AND keeping your eyes open at 2.5 yrs old is practically impossible.

Summer is becoming quite the little kitchen helper.  Just last week we got together for a baking playdate with her friends and made some delicious Fleischman's bread. Pictured (Addyson, Addie, Levi and Summer)
I thought I would share with you what a sweet little girl Summer is.  Every night we give her a breathing treatment as an asthma prevention method.  At first the mask was not fun but now she can hold it by herself like a big girl.  It helps that she gets to watch cartoons at the same time!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Jana and Summer, you two domestic divas are so smart! Don't you just love having so much FUN together? Summer is growing up too fast. I know that SANTA is watching that sweet girl as she is being so VERY GOOD!!!!

Doug said...

Jana...You can join the Navy and peel all the potatoes you want! Plus see the world and get great insurance!