Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas Tree, Parade and Race

This past week I put up our Christmas decorations, tree and all!  I do love Thanksgiving but I just couldn't wait until the following weekend to decorate.  In addition, Summer and I went out and about in town to see the Christmas tree lighting at Biltmore Park and to the Holiday Parade in downtown (busy busy while daddy was out of town). 
It was a really cold night so Mama opted for dinner for two at a restaurant nearby instead of standing and waiting for the tree to turn on. Never fear, we saw it!
Since Summer behaved so well on our dinner date I treated her to Pink Icecream! 
While we waited for the parade to begin, Summer danced in the street with her baby. 
Waiving with both hands!
Yall, I had NO IDEA how much my little girl liked to DANCE! Hope to get some video uploaded soon. 
The next day my brother ran his first HALF MARATHON in Birmingham.  I am SO proud of him for setting this goal and training to meet it.  Here he is at the 8 mile mark giving Mimi and Brody a high five as he passes by. 
ALL THE WAY! ALL THE WAY! I can hear my mom chanting that from the sidelines.  So happy for you Bud!  I hope to run it with you next year.

2 comments:

Doug said...

Congratulations Jay on your marathon accomplishment! What a feat (feet?).

Mimi said...

We are ALL so proud of Jay!! Now that Summer Martin is the Cutest little dancer. She and her MOM sure have some FUN times together. MEMORIES you'll always CHERISH!