Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Crafty

When looking through the Pottery Barn Kids Holiday Magazine I thought that I could recreate some of the cute Christmas decorations that they had.  Here are some stake signs that they have listed for $44 each (ridiculous).
 Here is my version for no out of pocket costs...had everything under my roof.  I plan on attaching them to paint sticks and sticking them in my metal planters that are on both sides of the front door...then tying a red bow around each of the metal planters.
 Here is another cute Pottery Barn Christmas decoration, oversized ball ornaments hung at your entryway.
My version, still under construction (many more coats of white paint).  Mine will actually end up cuter because they are made of red burlap and I will glue or stitch two pieces together, and stuff them, to make them 3-D.  The Christmas trees were a cookie cutter I had that I used as a stencil.
This was the last photo taken on this camera, by Summer, before she dropped it face down on the lens.  Since then I have spent my evening googling "lens error."  After no solutions, I finally called customer service and it appears that if I ship it to them then they will repair it under warranty (of course not mentioning the 2 year old dropping it with the lens extended). 
Miss Mischief herself outside church today.  I told her she could go touch the bus, as you know BUSES are her favorite...and since this one does have a yellow top she might as well consider it a yellow bus.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I want to go into BUSINESS with you!!